executive, resigned as chairman of AOL Time Warner in January amid falling stock prices and the attendant dissatisfaction of shareholders. Case had masterminded the 2001 merger of AOL and Time Warner, which at the time confirmed the dominance of new media over traditional outlets. But the honeymoon was brief, and the AOL division became a drain on the once profitable Time Warner empire. In addition, the Securities and Exchange Commission opened an inquiry in July 2002 into AOL's accounting procedures.
More on Steve Case from Infoplease:
- Steve Case - Biography of Steve Case, Co-founder and CEO of America Online
- Daniel Case III - Daniel Case III Age: 44 influential investment banker who, as head of J.P. Morgan HQ (formerly ...
- Giving Pledge Participants - The following table lists the people who have taken The Giving Pledge
- The Man Who Sued God - Starring Billy Connolly, Judy Davis, Colin Friels, Wendy Hughes, Bille Brown
- Hawaii - Information on Hawaii — map of Hawaii, economy, government, culture, flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.