|2||Mars is 4° south of the Moon.||1100|
|3||Pallas, the second-largest asteroid, appears to be motionless in the sky as it goes from direct motion to retrograde motion.||0300|
|4||Saturn is 4° south of the Moon.||0900|
|4||Jupiter is at opposition.||1500|
|7||The Moon is at apogee.||0700|
|11||Spica, the brightest star in the constellation Virgo, is 0° 3' south of the Moon. Occultation of Spica by the Moon.||0000|
|12||Jupiter is 5° north of the Moon.||1600|
|14||Antares, the brightest star in the constellation Scorpius, is 0° 1' north of the Moon. Occultation of Antares by the Moon.||1500|
|18||Mercury is in superior conjunction.||2000|
|19||Neptune is 4° north of the Moon.||1500|
|21||Uranus is 1° 0' north of the Moon. Occultation of Uranus by the Moon.||1000|
|22||The Moon is at perigee.||1500|
|22||Neptune appears to be motionless in the sky as it goes from direct motion to retrograde motion.||1700|
|24||Venus is 4° south of the Moon.||0800|
|25||Mars is 5° south of Pollux, the brightest star in the constellation Gemini.||0500|
|31||Mars is 3° south of the Moon.||0300|
|31||Vesta, the third-largest asteroid, is 0° 9' south of the Moon. Occultation of Vesta by the Moon.||1200|
|31||Saturn is 4° south of the Moon.||2100|
More on May from Infoplease:
- May - May The highest temperature ever recorded for the month of May occurred on May 27, 1896, in Salton, ...
- Mays: meaning and definitions - Mays: Definition and Pronunciation
- Cape May - Cape May Cape May, city (1990 pop. 4,668), Cape May co., S N.J., on Cape May peninsula and the ...
- May - May For terms in boldface, see Astronomical Terms. Day Phenomenon Hour 2 FULL MOON 1000 3 Mercury ...
- mayflower, in botany - mayflower mayflower, in botany, name for several spring-blooming plants. In England the hawthorn is ...