Rosa Parks Rosa Louise McCauley Parks
Rosa Parks, an activist with the Montgomery, Alabama, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), made history in 1955 when she refused to give up her seat on a bus for a white passenger. She was arrested, and the Montgomery black community launched a bus boycott that would be one of the pivotal events in the civil-rights movement.Died: 2005
More on Rosa Parks from Infoplease:
- Civil Rights Movement Heroes for Kids (Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King Jr.) - Find information about Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King Junior, the little Rock Nine, and other heroes of the American civil rights movement.
- Rosa Parks - Rosa Parks Age: 92 a black seamstress who in Montgomery, Alabama, in 1955 was arrested for refusing ...
- African-American History Timeline (Civil Rights Movement, Facts, Events, Leaders) - A chronology of black history from the early slave trade through Affirmative Action
- Ten Important Supreme Court Decisions in African American History - Ten Important Supreme Court Decisions in Black History From Dred Scott to Affirmative Action The ...
- Rosa Louise Parks - Parks, Rosa Louise Parks, Rosa Louise, 1913–2005, American civil-rights activist, b. ...