Elijah J. McCoyBorn: 1843
Birthplace: Colchester, Ontario, Canada
Improvement in lubricators for steam engines—McCoy, a mechanical engineer from Detroit, Mich., developed an automatic lubricator that provided a constant flow of oil onto machine parts as the machine was working. McCoy's invention, later known as “the real McCoy,” increased the life span and productivity of machines. In all, McCoy received more than 50 patents. (2001)Died: 1929
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Elijah J McCoy from Infoplease:
- Elijah J. McCoy - Elijah J. McCoy inventor Born: 5/2/1843 Birthplace: Colchester, Ontario, Canada The son of former ...
- I-M - I-M Jovita Idar Samuel Elmer Imes Topa Inca Ishi Daniel “Chappie” James, Jr. Mae C. ...
- The 2001 Class of Inductees - The 2001 Class of Inductees Robert L. Banks, 1921–1989, and John Paul Hogan, 1919– , ...
- May 2 Birthdays: Catherine the Great - May 2 birthdays: Catherine the Great, Alessandro Scarlatti, Elijah J. McCoy, Theodor Herzl, Benjamin Spock, Manfred von Richthofen
- Biographies of Famous African Americans - Read biographies of notable african-americans.