Peggy Lee(Norma Deloris Egstrom)
jazz-pop singer, songwriter, and actress whose smooth, smoldering voice defined the genre. She performed with Benny Goodman's orchestra before setting out on a successful solo career. She earned an Oscar nomination for her role as an alcoholic singer in Pete Kelly's Blues. Died: Los Angeles, Jan. 21, 2002
More on Peggy Lee from Infoplease:
- Peggy Lee - Biography of Peggy Lee, Singer of "Fever"
- Peggy Lee - Lee, Peggy Lee, Peggy, 1920–2002, American singer and songwriter, b. Jamestown, N.D., as ...
- Lady and the Tramp - Canine caper-romance
- Lady and the Tramp - Starring Peggy Lee, Barbara Luddy, Larry Roberts, Bill Thompson, Bill Baucom
- North Dakota - Information on North Dakota — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.