The Seven Deadly Sins
In Christianity, the seven deadly sins are considered “deadly” because it is believed they can do terrible damage to the soul. The now-famous list does not appear in the Bible and may have been formulated by Gregory the Great (540–604). The deadly sins are sometimes known as “capital” or “cardinal” sins: pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, anger, and sloth.
More on Seven Deadly Sins from Infoplease:
- deadly sins: meaning and definitions - deadly sins: Definition and Pronunciation
- Seven Deadly Sins - Seven Deadly Sins (The). Pride, Wrath, Envy, Lust, Gluttony, Avarice, and Sloth. Source: Dictionary ...
- Seven - The rain never seems to let up in this thriller
- virtue - virtue virtue [Lat.,=manliness], in philosophy, quality of good in human conduct. The cardinal ...
- Fallen Angels - Starring Michael Dorn, Bill Moseley, Adrianne Curry, Michael Kaliski, Kevin McCarthy