Victor Paz EstenssoroAge: 93
politician who served as president of Bolivia three times (1952–56, 1960–64, 1985–89). He was a founder of the National Revolutionary Party and as its leader directed the 1952 revolution, in which tin mines were nationalized, indigenous Bolivians were granted suffrage, and social reforms were instituted.Died: Tarija, Bolivia, June 7, 2001
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Victor Paz Estenssoro from Infoplease:
- Victor Paz Estenssoro - Paz Estenssoro, Victor Paz Estenssoro, Victor , 1907–2001, president of Bolivia ...
- Paz Estenssoro: meaning and definitions - Paz Estenssoro: Definition and Pronunciation
- Hernán Siles Zuazo - Siles Zuazo, Hernán Siles Zuazo, Hernán , 1914–96, president of Bolivia ...
- Bolivia: History - History Early History The altiplano was a center of native life even before the days of the Inca; ...
- Bolivia - Bolivia Profile: People, History and Political Conditions, Government Organization, Economy, Foreign Relations, U.S.-Bolivian Relations