Granville T. Woodsinventor
Birthplace: Columbus, Ohio.
Woods was born in Columbus, Ohio, and later settled in Cincinnati. Largely self-educated, he was awarded more than 60 patents. One of his most important inventions was a telegraph that allowed moving trains to communicate with other trains and train stations, thus improving railway efficiency and safety. Died: 1910
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Granville T Woods from Infoplease:
- Granville Woods - Granville Woods Born: 1856 Birthplace: Columbus, Ohio Railroad telegraph—A prolific inventor, ...
- African American Inventors - African American Inventors Thomas L. Jennings (1791–1859) A tailor in New York City, Jennings ...
- African American Scientists & Inventors - Read biographies of notable African-American scientists, including Benjamin Banneker, George Washington Carver, Patricia Bath, and more.
- Famous African American Inventors - Lewis Howard Latimer, Patricia Bath, and other exceptional scientists by Ann Marie Imbornoni Lewis ...
- The National Inventors Hall of Fame - The National Inventors Hall of Fame The Inventors Hall of Fame, located in Akron, Ohio, was ...