Charles Richard Drewphysician
Birthplace: Washington, D.C.
Born in Washington, D.C., Drew earned advanced degrees in medicine and surgery from McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, in 1933 and from Columbia University in 1940. He is particularly noted for his research in blood plasma and for setting up the first blood bank.Died: 1950
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Charles Richard Drew from Infoplease:
- Charles Richard Drew - Drew, Charles Richard Drew, Charles Richard, 1904–50, African-American physician, b. ...
- drew: meaning and definitions - drew: Definition and Pronunciation
- African American Scientists & Inventors - Read biographies of notable African-American scientists, including Benjamin Banneker, George Washington Carver, Patricia Bath, and more.
- Biographies of Famous African Americans - Read biographies of notable african-americans.
- Famous African American Scientists - Percy L. Julian, Aprille Ericsson, and other exceptional scientists by Ann Marie Imbornoni Charles ...