former U.S. senator, bowed out of the race for the Democratic presidential nomination in March after losing all of Super Tuesday's 16 primaries to Vice President Al Gore. Bradley's popular support took Gore by surprise late in 1999 and forced the vice president to reassess his campaign. Bradley's campaign focused on providing health care to all Americans and fighting poverty and racism.
More on Bill Bradley from Infoplease:
- Bill Bradley - Bill Bradley Outsider vs. insider: Gore's toughest challenger by Beth Rowen This article was ...
- Bill Bradley, - Bill Bradley, 56, former senator from New Jersey, was the only Democrat to challenge Al Gore, Jr., ...
- Bradley: meaning and definitions - Bradley: Definition and Pronunciation
- Campaign 2000 Factsheet - Candidate profiles, issues, and interesting statistics QUICK POLL Are you satisfied with the ...
- Bill Bradley - Biography of Bill Bradley, Democratic senator from New Jersey