Henry W. KendallAge: 72
Nobel-winning physicist who helped discover that protons and neutrons, formerly thought to be the basic building blocks of matter, are made up of quarks. Firmly against the development of nuclear weapons, he co-founded the Union of Concerned Scientists in 1969.Died: Wakulla Springs, Fla., February 15, 1999
More on Henry W Kendall from Infoplease:
- Richard E. Taylor - Taylor, Richard E. Taylor, Richard E., 1930–, Canadian physicist. A professor at Stanford ...
- Jerome Isaac Friedman - Friedman, Jerome Isaac Friedman, Jerome Isaac , 1930–, American physicist, b. Chicago, Ph.D. ...
- Top News Stories from 1990 - News stories covering international, U.S., science, financial, entertainment & sports events from 1990. Includes basic U.S., world & economic statistics and links to detailed statistical data
- Nobel Prize for Physics - Below find every winner of the Nobel Prize in Physics, from 1901 through this year's winners
- Nobel Prizes (table) - Nobel Prizes Year Peace Chemistry Physics Physiology or Medicine Literature 1901 J. H. Dunant ...