Henry Timken inventor
Birthplace: Bremen, Germany
Emigrating to America as a child with his family, he left the family's Missouri farm to enter the wagon-making business. He opened his own company in St. Louis in 1855, and introduced several improvements to the carriages his firm produced, including his patented “Timken spring,” which made him a fortune. Other patents included the Timken roller bearing. He retired in 1897 and settled in California. Died: 1909
More on Henry Timken from Infoplease:
- Henry Timken - Henry Timken Born: 1831 Birthplace: Bremen, Germany Tapered roller bearings—The bearings that ...
- National Inventors Hall of Fame Inductees - National Inventors Hall of Fame Inductees The National Inventors Hall of Fame, established in 1973 ...
- S - U - S - U Russell Sage Yves Saint-Laurent Haym Salomon Sir Titus Salt Paul A. Samuelson William Savery ...
- The National Inventors Hall of Fame - The National Inventors Hall of Fame The Inventors Hall of Fame, located in Akron, Ohio, was ...
- Selected Biographies: T - Selected biographies of well-known people and fictional characters