Sir John Richard Hickseconomist
Birthplace: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, England
Nobel Prize-winning economist whose works include Value and Capital (1939), A Theory of Economic History (1969) and Causality in Economics (1979). An Oxford graduate, he taught for several years at Manchester (1938–46) and Oxford (1952–65), but did not receive the Nobel for Economics until after his retirement. Died: 5/20/1989
More on Sir John Richard Hicks from Infoplease:
- Sir John Richard Hicks - Hicks, Sir John Richard Hicks, Sir John Richard, 1904–89, British economist, grad. Balliol ...
- Hicks: meaning and definitions - Hicks: Definition and Pronunciation
- Kenneth Joseph Arrow - Arrow, Kenneth Joseph Arrow, Kenneth Joseph, 1921–, American economist, b. New York City, ...
- G - I - G - I Franz Xaver Gabelsberger James Gadsden Lyman Judson Gage James Galanos John Kenneth Galbraith ...
- Selected Biographies: H - Selected biographies of well-known people and fictional characters