|Meaning of Name:||“bent; crooked lizard”|
|Period:||Cretaceous Period (138 million to 65 million years ago)|
|Size:|| 4 - 9 meters long |
|Location: ||Texas, Antarctica, Utah, and Argentina|
Not only is Ankylosaurus the widest of all dinosaurs, but it's the most heavily armored, with bony plates, studs, and spikes lining its entire back-even its eyelids have spikes. In addition, its tail has a thick knob of bone at the end of it, believed to have been used as a very formidable club against its enemies.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Best Defense from Infoplease:
- Tris Speaker - Speaker, Tris Speaker, Tris (Tristram Speaker), 1888–1958, American baseball player, b. ...
- The Worst-Case Scenario Handbook - How to Wrestle an Alligator "Worst-Case Scenario" handbook: Some practical and ...
- Uvaldo Acosta - Uvaldo Acosta Age: 32 men's volleyball coach at George Mason University and former member of ...
- Helen Shaver - Helen Shaver actress Born: 2/24/1951 Birthplace: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada This seductive blonde ...
- Frank Selke - Frank Selke Born: May 7, 1893 Hockey GM of 6 Stanley Cup champions in Montreal (1953,56-60); the ...