Esther RolleAge: 78
Rolle will be best remembered for her role as the strong-willed mother on the '70s sitcom Good Times. She fought to overcome negative black stereotypes throughout her career, but ironically often played a maid. She won an Emmy playing a maid in Summer of My German Soldier. Her film credits include Driving Miss Daisy, Rosewood and How to Make an American Quilt.Died: Nov. 17, 1998.
More on Esther Rolle from Infoplease:
- Down in the Delta - Starring Alfre Woodard, Al Freeman, Mary Alice, Esther Rolle, Wesley Snipes
- 1978–1979 Emmy Awards - 1978–1979 Emmy Awards Edward Asner, Lou Grant Archive Photos Outstanding Drama Series Lou ...
- Rosewood - Rosewood Director: John Singleton Writer: Gregory Poirier Director of Photography: Johnny E. Jensen ...
- Biographies of Famous African Americans - Read biographies of notable african-americans.
- November 1998 - November 1998 5 Word from London is that waif supermodel Kate Moss has checked herself in to the ...