Guglielmo MarconiBorn: 1874
Birthplace: Bologna, Italy
Transmitting electrical signals—Marconi's experiments led to practical wireless telegraphy and radio. In 1901 he successfully received signals transmitted from England to Newfoundland. He was awarded the 1909 Nobel Prize for Physics. (1975)Died: 1937
More on Guglielmo Marconi from Infoplease:
- Marconi: meaning and definitions - Marconi: Definition and Pronunciation
- Guglielmo Marconi - Biography of Guglielmo Marconi, Italian pioneer of wireless telegraphy
- 1800–1899 (A.D.) World History - 1800–1899 (A.D.) World History War of 1812 The Civil War Spanish-American War ...
- Poldhu - Poldhu Poldhu , town, Cornwall, SW England. Guglielmo Marconi sent the first transatlantic radio ...
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS - Telecommunications are messages carried around the world in seconds by electric signals and waves from the ELECTROMAGNETIC SPECTRUM. They include radi