Eli WhitneyBorn: 1765
Birthplace: Westboro, Mass.
Cotton gin—Whitney invented the cotton gin, a machine that greatly increased the speed for separating the cotton from its pod and seeds and to clean it. Whitney also adopted the concept of interchangeable parts in manufacturing. (1974)Died: 1825
More on Eli Whitney from Infoplease:
- Eli Whitney - Whitney, Eli Whitney, Eli, 1765–1825, American inventor of the cotton gin, b. Westboro, ...
- Whitney: meaning and definitions - Whitney: Definition and Pronunciation
- Eli Whitney - Biography of Eli Whitney, Inventor of the cotton gin
- December 8 Birthdays: Eli Whitney - December 8 birthdays: Eli Whitney, Lee J. Cobb, Jean Sibelius, Aristide Maillol, Mary, Queen of Scots, Christina, William C. Durant, Sinead O'Connor, Teri Hatcher, Kim Basinger, Jim Morrison, David Carradine, Sammy Davis, Jr., James Thurber, Diego Rivera
- Westborough - Westborough Westborough, town (1990 pop. 14,133), Worcester co., E central Mass., on the Assabet ...