Cyrus McCormickBorn: 1809
Birthplace: Rockbridge County, Va.
Reaper—While others had also invented the mechanical grain reaper McCormick's constant improvements and astute business sense enabled him to turn his small family-run business into a worldwide corporation. (1976)Died: 1884
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Cyrus McCormick from Infoplease:
- McCormick: meaning and definitions - McCormick: Definition and Pronunciation
- Cyrus Hall McCormick - McCormick, Cyrus Hall McCormick, Cyrus Hall, 1809–84, inventor of the reaper, b. Rockbridge ...
- This Day in History: June 21 - June 21 Yesterday Tomorrow 1527 Italian statesman, diplomat, and author of “The ...
- reaper - reaper reaper, early farm machine drawn by draft animals or tractor and used to harvest grain. Its ...
- harvester - harvester harvester, farm machine that mechanically harvests a crop. Small-grain harvesting has ...