Lee de Forest Born: 1873
Birthplace: Council Bluffs, Iowa
Audion amplifier—De Forest inserted a third electrode between the cathode and anode to make his audion tube. Radio signals are picked up by connecting an antenna to the tube's grid. (1977)Died: 1961
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Lee de Forest from Infoplease:
- De Forest: meaning and definitions - De Forest: Definition and Pronunciation
- Lee De Forest - De Forest, Lee De Forest, Lee, 1873–1961, American inventor, b. Council Bluffs, Iowa, grad. ...
- electronics industry - electronics industry electronics industry, the business of creating, designing, producing, and ...
- radio: Development of Radio Technology - Development of Radio Technology Radio is based on the studies of James Clerk Maxwell, who developed ...
- electricity: History of Electricity - History of Electricity From the writings of Thales of Miletus it appears that Westerners knew as ...