Willis Haviland CarrierBorn: 1876
Birthplace: Angola, N.Y.
Apparatus for treating air—Carrier developed the first safe, low pressure centrifugal refrigeration machine using non-toxic, nonflammable refrigerant. By controlling humidity as well as temperature, he invented modern air conditioning. (1985)Died: 1950
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Willis Haviland Carrier from Infoplease:
- Willis Haviland Carrier - Willis Haviland Carrier air conditioning pioneer Born: 11/26/1876 Birthplace: Angola, N.Y. Carrier ...
- Willis Haviland Carrier - Carrier, Willis Haviland Carrier, Willis Haviland, 1876–1950, American engineer who played a ...
- Business Personalities - Business Personalities Horace Marden Albright Linda Alvarado Elias Milton Ammons Elizabeth Arden ...
- A - C - A - C Alvar Aalto Iorwith Wilbur Abel Sir Patrick Abercrombie Henry Carter Adams Alexander Agassiz ...
- Selected Biographies: C - Selected biographies of well-known people and fictional characters