Gender of Sexual Partners in the United States
(sexually active only)
| ||Same gender||Both genders||Opposite gender|
| ||Men||Women||Men ||Women||Men||Women|
Source: General Social Survey (GSS), National Opinion Research Center, University of Chicago, 1996.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Gender of Sexual Partners in the United States from Infoplease:
- Civil Unions | Same-sex Marriage Legislation - What Is a Civil Union? Same-sex marriage legislation in the U.S. by Ricco Villanueva Siasoco ...
- The American Gay Rights Movement: A Timeline - The following timeline lists the significant events of the gay rights movement from 1924 to the present.
- Same-Sex Partners Sharing Households in U.S. Cities - Find a list of U.S. cities that have the highest percentage of same-sex households, including San Francisco, Fort Lauderdale, Seattle, Portland, and more.
- Same-Sex Households with Children in the United States - The following table provides information about the number of same-sex households that have children in the four regions of the United States, including children related and unrelated to the couple in Northeast, Midwest, South, and West United States.
- Same-Sex Partners Sharing Households by U.S. State - Find a list of U.S. cities that have the highest percentage of same-sex households, including San Francisco, Fort Lauderdale, Seattle, Portland, and more.
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring