former chairman of the literature panel of the NEA and former president of the Poetry Society of America; won the 1996 National Book Critics Circle Award for Time & Money: New PoemsBorn: 1942
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on William Matthews from Infoplease:
- Sir William Matthew Flinders Petrie - Petrie, Sir William Matthew Flinders Petrie, Sir William Matthew Flinders , 1853–1942, ...
- Petrie: meaning and definitions - Petrie: Definition and Pronunciation
- William MATTHEWS - William MATTHEWS (1755-1808c) MATTHEWS, William, a Representative from Maryland; born in Cecil ...
- Sir William Matthew Flinders Petrie - Flinders Petrie, Sir William Matthew: Flinders Petrie, Sir William Matthew: see Petrie, Sir William ...
- William Matthew MERRICK - William Matthew MERRICK (1818-1889) MERRICK, William Matthew, (son of William Duhurst Merrick), a ...