Roy LichtensteinAge: 73
A major figure in American art, Lichtenstein drew attention to Pop painting in the 1960s with his distinctive renderings of comic books and advertisements. Unlike abstract expressionists, Lichtenstein relished mimicking familiar images in popular culture. Using bold colors, prominent black outlines and patterns of Ben Day dots, he managed to create whimsical works of art that were uniquely his own.Born: 1923
Died: Sept. 2, 1997
More on Roy Lichtenstein from Infoplease:
- Roy Lichtenstein - Biography of Roy Lichtenstein, The Pop Art master who did the comic-style Whaam!
- Roy Lichtenstein - Lichtenstein, Roy Lichtenstein, Roy , 1923–97, American painter, b. New York City. A master ...
- Lichtenstein: meaning and definitions - Lichtenstein: Definition and Pronunciation
- Roy Lichtenstein - Roy Lichtenstein painter, sculptor Born: 10/27/1923 Birthplace: New York City A major figure in the ...
- pop art - pop art pop art, a movement that first emerged in Great Britain at the end of the 1950s as a ...