Affects people who work or do strenuous exercises in a hot environment. To prevent it, such people should drink large amounts of cool water and add a pinch of salt to each glass of water.
Signs/Symptoms—(1) Painful muscle cramps in legs and abdomen. (2) Faintness. (3) Profuse perspiration.
Treatment—(1) Move victim to a cool place. (2) Give victim sips of salted drinking water (one teaspoon of salt to one quart of water). (3) Apply manual pressure to the cramped muscle.
More on Heat Cramps from Infoplease:
- heat cramp: meaning and definitions - heat cramp: Definition and Pronunciation
- first aid: Heat Exhaustion - Heat Exhaustion Symptoms: Pale, clammy skin, profuse perspiration, weakness, headache, possibly ...
- cramp - cramp cramp, painful uncontrollable contraction of a muscle or group of muscles. The type that ...
- heat exhaustion - heat exhaustion heat exhaustion, condition caused by overexposure to sunlight or another heat ...
- Weather: Moisture and Humidity - Weather Moisture and Humidity Weather Partly to Mostly Cloudy Moisture and Humidity In the Clouds ...