Dorris's breakthrough The Broken Cord brought fetal alcohol syndrome to national attention. The book about FAS (fetal alcohol syndrome) and its effects on Dorris's son won the 1989 National Book Critics Circle Award. Dorris often collaborated with his wife, writer Louise Erdrich. Dorris's other works include A Yellow Raft on Blue Water.Born: 1945?
Died: April 10 or 11, 1997.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Michael Dorris from Infoplease:
- Michael Dorris - Michael Dorris anthropologist, writer Born: 1/30/1945 Birthplace: Louisville, Kentucky Noted as the ...
- American-Indian Biographies—A to Z - Read biographies of notable American Indians, including Sherman Alexie, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Will Rogers, Jim Thorpe, Sitting Bull, Tecumseh, and more.
- Louisville/Jefferson County, Ky. - Information on Louisville/Jefferson County, Ky. — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- Louise Erdrich - Louise Erdrich writer Born: July 6, 1954 Birthplace: Little Falls, Minnesota With recurring ...
- American Indian Quotations - All I try to do is portray Indians as we are, in creative ways. With imagination and poetry. I think a lot of Native American literature is stuck in one idea...