Jacques Cousteau oceanographer
Cousteau brought the wonders of the ocean into millions of living rooms with his books, movies and television programs. His documentary The Silent World, with Louis Malle as an underwater photographer, was based on his book and won a 1957 Oscar — the first of four. His television series include The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau and Those Amazing Animals.
Died: June 25, 1997
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Jacques Cousteau from Infoplease:
- June 11 Birthdays: Jacques Cousteau - June 11 birthdays: Jacques Cousteau, Jackie Stewart, William Styron, Vince Lombardi, John Constable , Jeannette Rankin, Henry Cisneros, Julia Margaret Cameron
- Cousteau: meaning and definitions - Cousteau: Definition and Pronunciation
- Jacques Yves Cousteau - Cousteau, Jacques Yves Cousteau, Jacques Yves , 1910–97, French oceanographer and naval ...
- Jacques-Yves Cousteau - Biography of Jacques-Yves Cousteau, Underwater explorer and filmmaker
- This Day in History: June 25 - June 25 Yesterday Tomorrow 1788 Virginia became the 10th state in the Union. 1876 Lt. Col. George ...