Burton Lane Age: 84
One of the most respected American composers, Lane wrote scores of tunes for Broadway and Hollywood productions. He is remembered for the rich melodies he composed for 1947's Finian's Rainbow — “How Are Things in Glocca Morra?,” “When I'm Not Near the Girl I Love” and “If This Isn't Love.” He also scored the films Dancing Lady and Royal Wedding. As president of the American Guild of Authors and Composers, Lane fought against music piracy. Born: 1912
Died: Jan. 5, 1997
More on Burton Lane from Infoplease:
- Burton Lane - Burton Lane (Burton Levy) composer Born: 2/2/1912 Birthplace: New York City A composer of numerous ...
- On a Clear Day You Can See Forever - Starring Barbra Streisand, Yves Montand, Bob Newhart, Larry Blyden, Simon Oakland
- Give a Girl a Break - Starring Marge Champion, Gower Champion, Debbie Reynolds, Helen Wood, Bob Fosse
- Alan Jay Lerner - Alan Jay Lerner lyricist, playwright, screenwriter Born: 8/31/1918 Birthplace: New York City Lerner ...
- 1965 Grammy Awards - 1965 Grammy Awards Record of the Year “A Taste of Honey,” Herb Alpert and the Tijuana ...