- May 31, Johnstown, Pa.: collapse of South Fork Dam left more than 2,200 dead.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Dam from Infoplease:
- dam - dam dam, barrier, commonly across a watercourse, to hold back water, often forming a reservoir or ...
- dam: meaning and definitions - dam: Definition and Pronunciation
- Supung - Supung Supung , dam on the Yalu River, on the border between North Korea and Liaoning prov., NE ...
- McNary Dam - McNary Dam McNary Dam, 7,265 ft (2,214 m) long and 183 ft (56 m) high, on the Columbia River ...
- Bonneville Dam - Bonneville Dam Bonneville Dam, one of the major dams on the Columbia River where it passes through ...