The smallest of Uranus's large moons, Miranda, 293 mi (472 km) in diameter, has been described as “the most bizarre body in the solar system,” with the most geologically complex surface. Miranda's remarkable terrain consists of rolling, heavily cratered plains (the oldest known in the Uranian system) adjoined by three huge, 120- to 180-mile (200- to 300-kilometer) oval-to-trapezoidal regions known as coronae, which are characterized by networks of concentric canyons.
More on Miranda from Infoplease:
- Miranda: meaning and definitions - Miranda: Definition and Pronunciation
- Francisco de Miranda - Miranda, Francisco de Miranda, Francisco de , 1750–1816, Venezuelan revolutionist and ...
- Juan Carreño de Miranda - Carreño de Miranda, Juan Carreño de Miranda, Juan , 1614–85, Spanish baroque ...
- Bartolomé de Carranza de Miranda - Carranza de Miranda, Bartolomé de Carranza de Miranda, Bartolomé de , 1503–76, ...
- Miranda - Miranda Miranda, in astronomy, one of the moons, or natural satellites, of Uranus.