Enrico Fermi Award
The $100,000 award is given in recognition of scientific and technical achievement in atomic energy. Awarded by the president, it is the U.S. government's oldest science and technology award.
|1954 ||Enrico Fermi|
|1956 ||John von Neumann|
|1957 ||Ernest O. Lawrence|
|1958 ||Eugene P. Wigner|
|1959 ||Glenn T. Seaborg|
|1961 ||Hans A. Bethe|
|1962 ||Edward Teller|
|1963 ||J. Robert Oppenheimer|
|1964 ||Hyman G. Rickover|
|1966 ||Otto Hahn, Lise Meitner, and Fritz Strassman|
|1968 ||John A. Wheeler|
|1969 ||Walter H. Zinn|
|1970 ||Norris E. Bradbury|
|1971 ||Shields Warren and Stafford L. Warren|
|1972 ||Manson Benedict|
|1976 ||William L. Russell|
|1978 ||Harold M. Agnew and Wolfgang K. H. Panofsky|
|1980 ||Alvin M. Weinberg and Rudolf E. Peirls|
|1981 ||W. Bennett Lewis|
|1982 ||Herbert Anderson and Seth Neddermeyer|
|1983 ||Alexander Hollaender and John Lawrence|
|1984 ||Robert R. Wilson and Georges Vendryès|
|1985 ||Norman C. Rasmussen and Marshall N. Rosenblath|
|1986 ||Ernest D. Courant and M. Stanley Livingston|
|1987 ||Luis W. Alvarez and Gerald F. Tape|
|1988 ||Richard B. Setlow and Victor F. Weisskopf|
|1990 ||George A. Cowan and Robley D. Evans|
|1992 ||Leon M. Lederman, Harold Brown, and John S. Foster, Jr.|
|1993 ||Freeman J. Dyson and Liane B. Russell|
|1995 ||Ugo Fano and Martin Kamen|
|1996 ||Richard Garwin, Mortimer Elkind, and H. Rodney Withers|
|1998 ||Maurice Goldhaber and Michael E. Phelps|
|2000 ||Sidney Drell, Sheldon Datz, and Herbert York|
|2003 ||John N. Bahcall, Raymond Davis, Jr., and Seymour Sack|
|2005 ||Arthur H. Rosenfeld |
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Enrico Fermi Award from Infoplease:
- Science and Inventions - Get info on cloning, chemical elements, geological periods, science milestones, a timeline of famous inventions, and more.
- Ernest O. Lawrence - Biography of Ernest O. Lawrence, Nobel Prize-winning inventor of the cyclotron
- Edward Teller - Teller, Edward Teller, Edward, 1908–2003, American physicist, b. Budapest, Hungary, Ph.D. ...
- Glenn Theodore Seaborg - Seaborg, Glenn Theodore Seaborg, Glenn Theodore , 1912–99, American chemist, b. Ishpeming, ...
- Edward Teller - Edward Teller Age: 95 Hungarian-born atomic physicist who helped to establish the nuclear era with ...