|March ||Aquamarine or Bloodstone|
|June ||Pearl, Alexandrite, or Moonstone|
|July ||Ruby or Star Ruby|
|August ||Peridot or Sardonyx|
|September ||Sapphire or Star Sapphire|
|October ||Opal or Tourmaline|
|November ||Topaz or Citrine|
|December ||Turquoise, Lapis Lazuli, Blue Zircon, or Blue Topaz|
Source: Jewelry Industry Council.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Birthstones from Infoplease:
- birthstone - birthstone: birthstone: see month.
- birthstone: meaning and definitions - birthstone: Definition and Pronunciation
- month - month month, in chronology, the conventional period of a lunation, i.e., passage of the moon ...
- gem, ornamental mineral or organic substance - gem gem, commonly, a mineral or organic substance, cut and polished and used as an ornament. Gems ...
- Calendar and Holidays - Family Trends, Education, Gender Issues, Calendar & Holidays, Race & Ethnicity, Crime, Religion