The author or other owner of copyright may wish to place a copyright notice on any unpublished copies or phonorecords that leave his or her control. An appropriate notice for an unpublished work is “Unpublished work © 2001 Jane Doe.”
NOTE: Since questions may arise from the use of variant forms of the notice, you may wish to seek legal advice before using any form of the notice other than those given here.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Unpublished Works from Infoplease:
- unpublished work: meaning and definitions - unpublished work: Definition and Pronunciation
- Kenneth Grahame - Grahame, Kenneth Grahame, Kenneth , 1859–1931, English author. He was a secretary in the Bank ...
- Copyrights - Copyrights Source: Excerpted from Copyright Basics (Circular 1), U.S. Copyright Office. What Works ...
- Louis L'Amour - L'Amour, Louis) L'Amour, Louis), 1908–88, American writer of western fiction, b. ...
- Herman Melville: Later Works and Life - Later Works and Life Like Moby-Dick, Pierre; or, The Ambiguities (1852), a psychological study of ...