The Continental Divide
The Continental Divide is a ridge of high ground that runs irregularly north and south through the Rocky Mountains and separates eastward-flowing from westward-flowing streams. The waters that flow eastward empty into the Atlantic Ocean, chiefly by way of the Gulf of Mexico; those that flow westward empty into the Pacific. Every continent with the exception of Antarctica has a continental divide.
More on Continental Divide from Infoplease:
- continental divide: meaning and definitions - continental divide: Definition and Pronunciation
- Montana - Information on Montana — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- Continental Divide - Continental Divide Continental Divide, the “backbone” of a continent. In North America, ...
- Great Divide: meaning and definitions - Great Divide: Definition and Pronunciation
- Great Divide - Great Divide: Great Divide: see Continental Divide.