The highest temperature ever recorded for the month of March occurred on March 31, 1954, in Rio Grande City, Tex. (elevation 168 ft), where the temperature reached 108°F.
The lowest temperature ever recorded for the month of March occurred on March 17, 1906, in Snake River, Wyo. (elevation 6,862 ft), where the temperature dropped to –50°F.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on March from Infoplease:
- Marche, region, Italy - Marche Marche or the Marches,region (1991 pop. 1,429,205), 3,742 sq mi (9,692 sq km), E central ...
- Marche, region and former province, France - Marche Marche , region and former province, central France, on the NW margin of the Massif Central. ...
- march: meaning and definitions - march: Definition and Pronunciation
- March - March For terms in boldface, see Astronomical Terms. Day Phenomenon Hour 2 Saturn is 1° 1' ...
- March - March For terms in boldface, see Astronomical Terms. Day Phenomenon Hour 1 Mercury is 4° north ...