| Share
Homework Center Homework Helper
— English —

The Question:

To preserve sound or vision so that it can be seen or heard again.

To burn a surface so as to change its colour or taste but without completely destroying it.

—Madiha Rehman, December 07, 2001

Your Answer:

Try looking up singe and record (verb) in the Infoplease dictionary. Both of these words have a few synonyms, but they are accurate definitions of what you're asking.

Back to "English" Questions & Answers

Premium Partner Content
HighBeam Research
Documents Images and Maps Reference
(from Newspapers, Magazines, Journals, Newswires, Transcripts and Books)

Research our extensive archive of more than 80 million articles from 6,500 publications.

Additional search results provided by HighBeam Research, LLC. © Copyright 2005. All rights reserved.

24 X 7

Private Tutor

Click Here for Details
24 x 7 Tutor Availability
Unlimited Online Tutoring
1-on-1 Tutoring