Yorke Peninsula, 160 mi (257 km) long and averages 25 mi (40 km) wide, SE South Australia state, Australia, between Spencer Gulf and Gulf St. Vincent. It is a farming area in which wheat and barley are raised.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Yorke Peninsula from Infoplease:
- Cape York Peninsula: meaning and definitions - Cape York Peninsula: Definition and Pronunciation
- Cape York Peninsula - Cape York Peninsula Cape York Peninsula, 280 mi (451 km) long, N Queensland, Australia, between the ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/cape york peninsula - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Thursday Island - Thursday Island Thursday Island (1991 pop. 2,652), Queensland, NE Australia, N of Cape York ...
- Spencer Gulf - Spencer Gulf Spencer Gulf, inlet of the Indian Ocean, 200 mi (322 km) long and 80 mi (129 km) wide, ...