Yonne (yôn) [key], department (1990 pop. 324,600), N central France. Auxerre is the capital.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Yonne from Infoplease:
- Yonne: meaning and definitions - Yonne: Definition and Pronunciation
- Bayonne: meaning and definitions - Bayonne: Definition and Pronunciation
- Chablis - Chablis Chablis , village (1990 pop. 2,608), Yonne dept., central France, in Burgundy. It is famous ...
- Morvan - Morvan Morvan , mountainous region, E central France, in Nivernais and Burgundy. The northernmost ...
- Auxerre - Auxerre Auxerre , town (1990 pop. 40,597), capital of Yonne dept., N central France, in Burgundy, ...