Whyalla, city (1991 pop. 25,526), South Australia state, S Australia, on Spencer Gulf. The city has shipbuilding and iron and steel industries. Iron ore and iron and steel products are exported.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Whyalla from Infoplease:
- Whyalla: meaning and definitions - Whyalla: Definition and Pronunciation
- Eyre Peninsula - Eyre Peninsula Eyre Peninsula, 200 mi (322 km) long, southern South Australia state, Australia, ...
- Spencer Gulf - Spencer Gulf Spencer Gulf, inlet of the Indian Ocean, 200 mi (322 km) long and 80 mi (129 km) wide, ...
- South Australia - South Australia South Australia, state (1991 pop. 1,236,623), 380,070 sq mi (984,381 sq km), S ...
- Encyclopedia: Australian and New Zealand Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Australian and New Zealand Political Geography.