Wainwright, town (1991 pop. 4,732), E Alta., Canada, SE of Edmonton and near the Sask. border. It is a trade center and railroad division point for an oil and natural gas area. It has oil refineries, grain elevators, and flour mills. Nearby is a military base.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Wainwright from Infoplease:
- wainwright: meaning and definitions - wainwright: Definition and Pronunciation
- Gideon v. Wainwright - Gideon v. Wainwright Gideon v. Wainwright, case decided in 1963 by the U.S. Supreme Court. Clarence ...
- Jonathan Mayhew Wainwright - Wainwright, Jonathan Mayhew Wainwright, Jonathan Mayhew, 1883–1953, American general, b. ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/wainwright - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Stuyvesant WAINWRIGHT, II - Stuyvesant WAINWRIGHT, II (1921-2010) WAINWRIGHT, Stuyvesant, II, a Representative from New York; ...