Wagga Wagga (wŏgˈə wŏgˈə) [key], city (1991 pop. 40,875), New South Wales, SE Australia, on the Murrumbidgee River. It is the center of an agricultural district with food-processing and rubber-goods plants and foundries. Wagga Wagga is also the site of the main campus of Charles Sturt Univ. as well as teachers, technical, and agricultural colleges.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Wagga Wagga from Infoplease:
- Wagga Wagga: meaning and definitions - Wagga Wagga: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/wagga wagga - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Riverina - Riverina Riverina , region, 26,560 sq mi (68,790 sq km), New South Wales, SE Australia. Located S ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index W, w wa' WAAC Waadt Waaf Waal Waals wab Wabanaki Wabash wabble wabbly Wac Wace ...
- New South Wales - New South Wales New South Wales, state (1991 pop. 5,164,549), 309,443 sq mi (801,457 sq km), SE ...