Vuelta Abajo (vwĕlˌtä äbäˈhō) [key] or Vueltabajo vwĕlˌtäbäˈhō, district, c.90 mi (140 km) long and c.10 mi (16 km) wide, Pinar del Rio prov., W Cuba, along the southern piedmont of the Órganos Mts. Famous for the fine quality of its tobacco, which is some of the world's best, Vuelta Abajo supplies a large proportion of the total Cuban crop.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Vuelta Abajo from Infoplease:
- Vuelta Abajo: meaning and definitions - Vuelta Abajo: Definition and Pronunciation
- Pinar del Rio, city, Cuba - Pinar del Rio Pinar del Rio, city (1994 est. pop. 118,000), capital of Pinar del Rio prov., W Cuba. ...
- Pinar del Rio, province, Cuba - Pinar del Rio Pinar del Rio , province (1994 est. pop. 700,000), W Cuba, the westernmost province ...
- Encyclopedia: Cuban Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Cuban Political Geography.
- Cuba: Economy - Economy Cuba's topography and climate are suitable for various crops, but sugarcane has been ...