Vinson Massif, peak, 16,860 ft (5,139 m) high, W Antarctica, in the Ellsworth Mts.; highest peak in Antarctica.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Vinson Massif from Infoplease:
- Vinson Massif: meaning and definitions - Vinson Massif: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/vinson massif - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Climbing the Seven Summits - Climbing the Seven Summits About 350 mountaineers have climbed all "Seven ...
- World Land Areas and Elevations - The following table lists the approximate land area, highest elevation, and lowest elevation of the world's continents, including Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America, according to the World Atlas. Find more facts about world geography.
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index vet vetch vetchling veter. veteran Veterans Administration Veterans Day ...