Vilna: see Vilnius, Lithuania.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Vilna from Infoplease:
- Gaon of Vilna - Gaon of Vilna: Gaon of Vilna: see Elijah ben Solomon.
- Elijah ben Solomon - Elijah ben Solomon Elijah ben Solomon, 1720–97, Jewish scholar, called the Gaon of Vilna, b. ...
- Gaon: meaning and definitions - Gaon: Definition and Pronunciation
- Judah Leon Gordon - Gordon, Judah Leon Gordon, Judah Leon, 1830–92, Russian-Hebrew novelist and poet, b. Vilna. ...
- Jascha Heifetz - Heifetz, Jascha Heifetz, Jascha , 1901–87, Russian-American violinist, b. Vilna. He studied ...