Valley, The, town (2001 pop. 1,169), capital of the British dependency of Anguilla, in the West Indies. Located in the approximate center of the island, it is Anguilla's main town and its administrative center. Tourism is an economic mainstay. Among its attractions are the Anguilla National Museum, the Wallblake House (1787) and other examples of colonial architecture, and the Old Court House ruins.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Valley from Infoplease:
- wild lily of the valley: meaning and definitions - wild lily of the valley: Definition and Pronunciation
- rift valley - rift valley rift valley, elongated depression, trough, or graben in the earth's crust, bounded ...
- Death Valley - Death Valley Death Valley, SE Calif. and SW Nev., a deep, arid basin, 140 mi (225 km) long, ...
- TVA: meaning and definitions - TVA: Definition and Pronunciation
- Central Valley project - Central Valley project Central Valley project, central Calif., long-term general scheme for the ...