Val-d'Oise (väl-dwäz) [key], department (1990 est. pop. 1,064,900), N central France, N of Paris. Pontoise is the capital.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Val-d'Oise from Infoplease:
- Val-d'Oise: meaning and definitions - Val-d'Oise: Definition and Pronunciation
- Pontoise: meaning and definitions - Pontoise: Definition and Pronunciation
- Pontoise - Pontoise Pontoise , city (1990 pop. 28,463), capital of Val-d'Oise dept., N central France. It ...
- Sarcelles - Sarcelles Sarcelles , city (1990 pop. 57,121), Val-d'Oise dept., N central France. Mostly ...
- Montmorency, town, France - Montmorency Montmorency, town (1990 pop. 21,003), Val d'Oise dept., N France, a suburb N of ...