Vaduz (vädōtsˈ) [key], town (1996 pop. 5,017), capital of Liechtenstein, W Liechtenstein, on the Rhine River. It is a tourist center. A beautiful medieval castle (now an art museum) dominates the town. Vaduz was destroyed (1499) in the war between the Swiss and the Holy Roman Empire and was rebuilt in the early 16th cent.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Vaduz from Infoplease:
- Vaduz: meaning and definitions - Vaduz: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/vaduz - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Liechtenstein - Information on Liechtenstein — map & flag of Liechtenstein, geography, history, politics, government, economy, population, culture, religion, languages, cities
- Liechtenstein: meaning and definitions - Liechtenstein: Definition and Pronunciation
- Liechtenstein - Liechtenstein Liechtenstein , officially Principality of Liechtenstein, principality (2005 est. ...