Usk, river, c.60 mi (100 km) long, rising in the Black Mts., S Wales and flowing generally SE to Bristol Channel near Newport. The upper Usk is noted for its beauty and its excellent fishing. It is the river associated with the legend of King Arthur.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Usk from Infoplease:
- Thomas Usk - Usk, Thomas Usk, Thomas , d. 1388, English politician and author. He was under-sheriff of London. ...
- Usk: meaning and definitions - Usk: Definition and Pronunciation
- Kosciusko: meaning and definitions - Kosciusko: Definition and Pronunciation
- Brecon - Brecon Brecon or Brecknock, town (1981 pop. 7,422), Powys, S Wales, at the junction of the Honddu ...
- Caerleon - Caerleon Caerleon , town (1981 pop. 6,711), Newport, SE Wales, on the Usk River. Militarily ...