Tyrone, former county, Northern Ireland. In 1973 it was divided into the districts of Strabane, Omagh, Dungannon, and part of the Cookstown district.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Tyrone from Infoplease:
- tyro: meaning and definitions - tyro: Definition and Pronunciation
- Tyrone, Hugh O'Neill, 2d earl of - Tyrone, Hugh O'Neill, 2d earl of Tyrone, Hugh O'Neill, 2d earl of, 1540?–1616, Irish ...
- Tyrone: meaning and definitions - Tyrone: Definition and Pronunciation
- Sir Tyrone Guthrie - Guthrie, Sir Tyrone Guthrie, Sir Tyrone, 1900–1971, English stage director, playwright, and ...
- Guthrie: meaning and definitions - Guthrie: Definition and Pronunciation