Toowoomba (təwōmˈbə) [key], city (1991 pop. 75,990), Queensland, E Australia, in the Eastern Highlands, at the edge of the Darling Downs, c.2000 ft (610 m) above sea level. The city is an agricultural market center with food-processing and farm-machinery industries in addition to engineering and brewing. It is also a summer resort.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Toowoomba from Infoplease:
- Toowoomba: meaning and definitions - Toowoomba: Definition and Pronunciation
- Geoffrey Rush - Biography of Geoffrey Rush, The Oscar-winning star of the 1996 movie Shine
- Queensland - Queensland Queensland, state (1991 pop. 2,477,152), 667,000 sq mi (1,727,200 sq km), NE Australia. ...
- Encyclopedia: Australian and New Zealand Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Australian and New Zealand Political Geography.
- Geoffrey Rush - Geoffrey Rush actor Born: 1951 Birthplace: Toowoomba, Australia Academy Award-winning film and ...