Thailand, Gulf of
Thailand, Gulf of, or Gulf of Siam, shallow arm of the South China Sea, c.500 mi (800 km) long and up to 350 mi (560 km) wide, separating the Malay Peninsula from E Thailand, Cambodia, and S Vietnam. Bangkok, the gulf's chief port, is at the mouth of the Chao Phraya River.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Gulf of Thailand from Infoplease:
- Siam: meaning and definitions - Siam: Definition and Pronunciation
- Chao Phraya: meaning and definitions - Chao Phraya: Definition and Pronunciation
- Kampot - Kampot Kampot , town, capital of Kampot prov., S Cambodia, on the Gulf of Thailand. It is a seaport ...
- Isthmus of Kra - Kra, Isthmus of Kra, Isthmus of , narrow neck of the Malay Peninsula, c.40 mi (60 km) wide, SW ...
- Thailand - Thailand Thailand , Thai Prathet Thai [land of the free], officially Kingdom of Thailand, ...